Dutchmen RV Tailgating Tips
August 29, 2017
Start the Season with a Feature-Packed Tailgate Trailer
The roar of the crowd, the smell of burgers and brats in the air, the highly anticipated rivalry matchups. RV enthusiasts, it’s tailgating season once again. So, stock your Dutchmen travel trailer with your favorite food and drink, throw on your lucky jersey, and head to the stadium to set up shop as royalty of the tailgating community.
DRAW IN A CROWD WITH A DUTCHMEN OUTDOOR KITCHEN
FUEL UP FOR GAME DAY WITH SOME TAILGATE FOOD IDEAS
No matter which pre-game snacks you’re craving or what you’re looking to throw on the grill, Dutchmen gives you plenty of room to pack what you need. With a Dutchmen outdoor kitchen, you won’t spend your game days inside and away from all the action. Instead, with an exterior sink, extra counter space, and optional swivel grill, you can whip up whatever the crowd is in the mood for without missing the celebrations.
Tip for Tailgating food: Pack your tailgating trailer with all-day treats. That includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
- You’re in it for the long haul, so make sure you’re fueled up and ready for your tailgate party, and we don’t just mean gasoline for the RV. Quick and easy bacon and eggs on the outdoor grill will get your day off to a great start.
- Looking to make a solid first impression? Try the Grilled French Toast Kebabs, courtesy of FoodNetwork.com.
QUICK GAME DAY SNACKS
- Who doesn’t enjoy a good chip and dip combination? RealSimple.com has an easy guacamole dip and a classic pico de gallodip you can whip up.
- You don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for a vegetable platter from the store. With your prep station, you can chop and assemble a fresh selection of carrots, celery, and more.
- Barbeque is never a bad idea. You’ll not only satisfy any hunger, but you also may find new friends as the sweet aroma catches the attention of curious passersby.
- If you’re going the classic route, Allrecipes.com has an easy basic burger recipe and a tasty beer-glazed brat and sauerkraut meal you can prepare on your outdoor grill. Just don’t forget the condiments: ketchup, mustard, relish, and, of course, the buns.
If you opt for the outdoor kitchen grill, you can go ahead and break out the good stuff. Consider steaks, pork chops or a flavorful fish entrée, courtesy of Tasteofhome.com.
Time to pack it up and head home from the tailgate party? Cleanup is easier than ever with the included sink. Next, store your paper towels and non-perishable ingredients in the outdoor kitchen storage space in no time at all.
OUTDOOR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS THAT KEEP YOU IN THE GAME
EXPERIENCE ALL THE ACTION FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR RV
A Dutchmen outdoor entertainment system gives you access to the on-field action without the hefty entry fee. While we all know there are perks to sitting in the bleachers, there’s nothing quite like watching, eating, and entertaining guests from the leisure of your home. So, trade the couch for a lawn chair and invest in one of Dutchmen’s convenient and weather-tested outdoor entertainment systems.
Is the game not going your way? Don’t let the party end when the touchdowns stop coming. Instead, turn up the exterior speakers on your RV system and keep the good times coming with your favorite tunes.
HAVE THE CROWD COMING BACK FOR MORE
OUR TOY HAULERS MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GAME DAY CAMPING SPOT
Want to take your tailgate party to the next level? While other tailgaters have to make do with the space around their RV, you can extend your presence with a MORryde patio on our Voltage toy haulers.
By utilizing your toy hauler’s rear ramp door, you’ll have more space, a better view, and the envy of the RVs around you.
Simply lower the Zero-G ramp door (which takes little to no effort at all), quickly hook up the support cables, extend and snap the patio walls into place, and you’re done! In addition to the residential-strength patio, you can even upgrade your patio entrance with a MORryde stairway that snaps into place for safe passage.
You can see just how easy setup can be, right here.
With a Dutchmen travel trailer, not only will you have room to bring the entire fantasy football league, but you’ll also have enough pass-through storage space to bring what you need to pass the time and keep the party under control.
Items to bring, include:
- Foldable chairs
- Bags of ice
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Ponchos, towels, and umbrellas … or just hang out inside. It’s an RV, after all.
- Yard games to pass the time, such as a football, baseball and gloves, Frisbee, even a collapsible bag toss (corn hole) game
Tip for Tailgating Clean up: Bring foil for easy prep, mess spillage, and for keeping food warm. Always leave a good impression, so stock up on paper plates (or wash in the sink), garbage bags, and plastic bags, so you can leave without leaving a trace.
DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT!
DUTCHMEN TOY HAULERS ARE PERFECT FOR TAILGATING PARTIES
Dutchmen RVs were built to perform, and there’s no better place than a tailgate party to prove that these trailers deliver continuous value and innovation wherever they go. RVing Planet made a list of the Top 5 Travel Trailers for Tailgating, and Dutchmen’s own Rubicon was right there at #1!
Tip for Tailgating spots: Make sure you call ahead or research your stadium’s website for any and all information related to tailgating rules and regulations. Stadium policies vary, so it’s best you know where you can park, what you can bring, and how best to secure a quality spot.
Luckily for RV owners, tailgating festivities don’t have to coincide with the NFL season. With plenty of sporting events happening year-round, from auto racing to the Kentucky Derby, there are plenty of opportunities for fans to get out and root for the winning team from the comfort of their Dutchmen travel trailer, fifth wheel, or toy hauler.
Make sure you share your Dutchmen tailgating experiences with us on Facebook and on Instagram at @dutchmenrvcompany